Blackberry Bourbon Smash August 24 2017, 0 Comments
For the bourbon lovers out there, here is a tasty variation of the classic mojito.
Prep time: 10 mins
Serving Size: 1 8oz mason jar
- 4 oz of your favorite bourbon (we used Buffalo Trace)
- 4 lime wedges squeezed
- 10-14 mint leaves
- 4-6 blackberries
- 1.5 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 oz of club soda
- Cup of ice
Thanks to Morgan for some expert makeshift muddling!
- In a 16oz mason jar, combine mint leaves, lime wedges and blackberries.
- Muddle thoroughly (for those who don't have a spare muddler, we used a shot glass for this and it worked quite well).
- Add the bourbon, ice and sugar. Put the lid on the mason jar and shake well.
- Pour the mixture into 2 8oz mason jars and top with club soda.
- Stir, garnish with blackberry and mint leaves and enjoy!
Thanks to Shawn from Kitchen Swagger- he provided the inspiration for this!