Grain Bowl with Roasted Brussels Sprouts May 11 2020, 0 Comments
This grain bowl is a combination of some of my favorite foods. It's super filling and full of nutrients. Brussels sprouts are low in calories, but packed with vitamins and fiber, and broccoli is packed with vitamins C and K. Chickpeas are high in both protein and fiber and contain several essential vitamins and minerals. The egg adds a nice boost of protein and so does the quinoa.
Prep time: 1.5 hours
Serving Size: 1 bowl
- 2 cups of uncooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of dry rice/quinoa blend
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- Roast the Chickpeas: preheat the oven to 450 degrees; drain the chickpeas and blot dry; mix in a bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper; spread out on a baking pan; bake for 30-40 minutes until crispy and brown.
- Roast the Brussels Sprouts: preheat the oven to 400. Cut the ends off the Brussels Sprouts and then slice in half. Mix in a bowl with olive oil, garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Mix until all the florets are coated and then spread out on a baking sheet and bake for about 35-40 minutes, checking on them every 20 minutes. I found that spreading the Brussels sprouts out on the baking sheet so that the cut part is on the pan makes them crispier.
- Cook the rice/quinoa.
- Sauté the broccoli florets.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Layer the bowls with the rice/quinoa on the bottom and the goodies on top.