Caprese Zoodle Mason Jar Salad May 17 2018, 0 Comments
Caprese salads are one of my favorites. Here's my twist on the classic salad, in a mason jar, of course. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Prep time: 50 mins
Serving Size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 3 small zucchinis
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes
- 2 cups of uncooked chickpeas
- 6oz pesto
- Garlic Powder
- Salt, Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Start by roasting the chickpeas: preheat the oven to 450 degrees; drain the chickpeas and blot dry; mix in a bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper; spread out on a baking pan; bake for 35-40 minutes until crispy and brown. Refrigerate until cool.
- Prep the other ingredients: cut the tomatoes in half, cut the mozzarella cheese into cubes, spiralize the zucchini.
- Layer the ingredients evenly across 3 mason jars in this order: pesto, tomatoes, cheese, chickpeas, zucchini.
- Replace mason jar lids and store upright in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy.