Curry Mason Jar Salad November 09 2017, 0 Comments
Recently I had curry cauliflower tacos and thought, "Hey, I should make this into a mason jar salad." Besides being delicious, curry powder has some health benefits, such as preventing heart disease, increasing bone health and protecting the immune system.
Prep time: 1 hour
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 5 cups of spinach and arugula
- 1.5 cups of grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of dry quinoa
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 5 oz of olive oil and vinegar
- 1/4 cup of cashews
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the curry cauliflower: preheat the oven to 375. Then chop the cauliflower into florets and mix in a bowl with the olive oil, curry powder, garlic powder, turmeric and some salt and pepper. Mix until all the florets are coated and then spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes. Once they're done cooking, place in a bowl and refrigerate until cool.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cook the quinoa: bring the 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil and then cover and let sit for 15 minutes or until nice and fluffy.
- Add spices to the quinoa: curry, garlic, salt pepper to taste. Refrigerate until cool.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Layer the ingredients evenly across 5 mason jars in this order: olive oil & vinegar, tomatoes, quinoa, cranberries, cauliflower, greens, cashews.
- Add lids to the jars and store in the fridge upright to enjoy all week long!