Grain Bowl with Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas March 30 2020, 0 Comments
During this time of social distancing, many people are cooking more than usual. Grain bowls are an easy, guilt-free option for lunch or dinner because they're filling and full of health benefits. For instance, zucchini is rich in several vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. Chickpeas are high in both protein and fiber and contain several essential vitamins and minerals. The egg adds a nice boost of protein. You can get creative with these and throw in your favorite veggies. Here is one of my favorite combos:
Prep time: 1.5 hours
Serving Size: 1 bowl
- 2 cups of uncooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of dry rice/quinoa
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- Roast the chickpeas: preheat the oven to 450 degrees; drain the chickpeas and blot dry; mix in a bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper; spread out on a baking pan; bake for 30-40 minutes until crispy and brown.
- Roast the cauliflower: preheat the oven to 375. Then chop the cauliflower into florets and mix in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic powder and some salt and pepper. Mix until all the florets are coated and then spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cook the rice/quinoa.
- Cut the zucchini into half moons and then sauté them.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Layer the bowls with the rice/quinoa on the bottom and the goodies on top.