Quinoa 'Fried Rice' October 24 2017, 0 Comments
Quinoa is a great gluten-free alternative to rice. It's also an excellent source of protein. So this Quinoa 'Fried Rice' is a delicious option for gluten-free folks as well as vegetarians! Works well as a side dish or a main meal :)
Prep time: 30 mins
Yield: 2 servings
Serving size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 of an onion
- 1/2 of one large carrot
- 1/4 cup of shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup of broccoli
- 5 oz of soy sauce
- Teaspoon of olive oil
- Cook the quinoa: bring the 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil and then cover and let sit for 15 mins or until nice and fluffy. Set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prep the veggies: chop the onion, carrots and broccoli.
- Caramelize the onions: No oil needed for this step, just preheat a saucepan, add the onions and stir. Add some water and stir until water evaporates. Repeat the process until the onions reach your desired level of caramelization.
- In the same saucepan, add some oil and scramble the eggs.
- Once the eggs are scrambled, add the carrots, broccoli and edamame. Stir.
- Add the quinoa and then the soy sauce to taste.
- Let cool and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in a mason jar for a tasty lunch the next day!