Red White and Blue Mason Jar Salad July 02 2018, 0 Comments
In honor of the America's birthday this week, I decided to make a patriotic salad. It's very quick to prepare and would be the perfect addition to a 4th of July party.
Prep time: 20 mins
Serving Size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup dry red quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 5 oz balsamic vinaigrette
- Start by cooking the quinoa: bring the 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil and then cover and let sit for 15 mins or until nice and fluffy. Refrigerate until cool.
- Cut the strawberries into bite size pieces.
- Layer the ingredients evenly across 5 mason jars in this order: dressing, strawberries, quinoa, feta cheese, blueberries, spinach, pecans.
- Store upright in the fridge and enjoy all week long.