Shaved Brussels Sprouts Mason Jar Salad August 14 2017, 0 Comments
This is one of my favorite mason jar salads. Brussels sprouts are packed with nutrients and quinoa and chickpeas are great sources of protein. It takes a little more time to prepare than my go-to salads, but it is definitely worth it!
Prep time: 1 hour
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 5 cups of raw brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of raw quinoa
- 1.5 cups of chickpeas
- 5 oz of olive oil & vinegar dressing
- Pinches of salt and pepper
- Teaspoon of olive oil
- Roast the chickpeas: preheat the oven to 450 degrees; drain the chickpeas and blot dry; mix in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper; spread out on a baking sheet; bake for 35-40 minutes until brown. Refrigerate until cool.
- Cook the quinoa: bring the 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil and then cover and let sit for 15 mins or until nice and fluffy. Refrigerate until cool.
- Shred the brussels sprouts.
- Layer the ingredients evenly across 5 mason jars, in this order: dressing, chick peas, quinoa, cranberries, feta cheese, walnuts, brussels sprouts.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy all week long!