Spinach, Mozzarella and Orzo Mason Jar Salad August 22 2017, 0 Comments
On the lunch menu this week: a delicious spinach, mozzarella and orzo mason jar salad. It's light, refreshing and quick to prepare.
Prep time: 30 mins
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 5 cups of raw spinach
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of raw orzo
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 5 oz of olive oil & vinegar dressing
- Cook the orzo: bring a saucepan of water to a boil, then add the orzo and let sit for about 10 minutes, or until the orzo is nice and fluffy. Then strain and run through cool water. Set aside to cool.
- Prep the veggies and the cheese: chop the cucumber and the mozzarella; cut the tomatoes in half.
- Layer the ingredients evenly across 5 mason jars, in this order: dressing, cucumber, tomatoes, orzo, mozzarella, walnuts, spinach.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy all week long!