Thai Peanut Grain Bowl July 09 2018, 0 Comments
On the lunch menu this week is a Thai Peanut Grain Bowl with Roasted Chickpeas and Mango. The star of this recipe, mango, adds a unique texture and flavor to the bowl. Besides being tasty, mango provides several health benefits. Mango contains antioxidants as well as high levels of fiber and vitamins C and A. I hope you enjoy this bowl as much as I did!
Prep time: 60 mins
Serving Size: 1 16oz mason jar
- 4 cups of mixed greens
- 2 cups of uncooked chickpeas
- 2 mangos
- 1/2 cup of dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 oz Thai peanut dressing
- olive oil
- Start by roasting the chickpeas: preheat the oven to 450 degrees; drain the chickpeas and blot dry; mix in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper; spread out on a baking pan; bake for 35-40 minutes until crispy and brown. Refrigerate until cool.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, cook the quinoa: bring the 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to a boil and then cover and let sit for 15 minutes or until nice and fluffy. Refrigerate until cool.
- Prep the other ingredients: chop the bell pepper and cucumber; peel and chop the mango.
- Layer the ingredients evenly across 5 mason jars in this order: dressing, peppers, cucumber, carrots, quinoa, mango, chickpeas, mixed greens.
- Store upright in the fridge and enjoy all week long.